Sunday, March 11, 2007

Recommended reading #1

Before I head out for a creative working session it's a good time to begin the Creativity Book List I thought I might compile here at Creative Circle Cafe. I'll revisit this list to with additional recommendations later. So, let's get off to a tremendously good start with three books I've listed at the bottom of this post. I hope they'll be a great resources for you and, for coaches and teachers, a helpful resource for your clients and students. For that special creative person in your life it's a post you can print and wrap as a gift - and buy them a book or two from the list! The material covered in these books relate to real-life artmaking and all aspects of living and nurturing a creative life.

Here's the first of the books I recommend on artmaking and creativity:

Art & Fear, Observations On The Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking by David Bayles and Ted Orland
Art & Soul, Notes on Creating by Audry Flack
Fearless Creating by Eric Maisel, Ph.D.

Blessings and happy creating!